Firmware Reset Page Counter Samsung CLP-310
- Product name: Samsung CLP-310 reset software.
- Compatible printer: Samsung CLP-310.
- Compatible versions: 18f.
Notes before update firmware Samsung CLP-310
- Find out exactly version, serial and crum of Samsung CLP-310 .
- Samsung CLP-310 Driver Software is installed on computer.
- Check the connection between computer and printer to make sure it works well.
- Toner chip located over the cartridge is removed or covered by tapes.
- Make sure the supplies power works well during soft-ware running process (you should use UPS for printer and computer to prevent them from loosing supplies power).
How to install firmware to clear page counter Samsung CLP-310
- Connect the printer to the computer and turn it on
- Wait until the printer is ready for work
- Drag and drop *.hd to usbprns2.exe
- The reprogramming process starts automatically
- Wait until the printer reprograms (10-20 minute) and restarts
- After that the reprogramming process is finished, use tapes to cover toner chip and restart the printer
Why Samsung CLP-310 needs to clear page counter- CLT-C409S, CLT-M409S, CLT-Y409S, CLT-K409S cartridge is enclosed with a toner chip that was used to calculate toner coverage and to deliver bold or light printout quality depending on printer original printout design.
- Samsung CLP-310 toner chip contains calculated limitation that was managed by Samsung manufacturer. Following Samsung, if toner coverage is 5%, Samsung CLP-310 toner chip is delivered 1.000 - 1.500 pages.
- If toner coverage is higher than 5% -> Toner Page Yields are less than 1.000 - 1.500 pages. If toner coverage is lower than 5%, Toner Page Yields are 1.000 - 1.500 pages. That is the reason why bold printouts (high toner coverage) will make printer run out of toner quickly.
- When Samsung CLP-310 toner chip overload its calculated limitation, printer will be locked inspire of high toner cartridge.
When Samsung CLP-310 needs to be reset- Samsung CLP-310N status: red light blinking, imprinting.
- Computer status (on Smart Panel): empty toner, Replace toner, install toner, end of life replace new cart , toner cartridge is not installed, Install the cartridge, toner exhausted.
How to fix Samsung CLP-310 with Toner Error
1.Change new toner cartridge
- Samsung CLP-310’s toner cartridge (CLT-C409S, CLT-M409S, CLT-Y409S, CLT-K409S) costs 30$ - 35$ depending on its supplier and manufacturer.
- Changing toner cartridge seems to be suboptimal because when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner cartridge => money wasting
2. Change new toner chip
- Samsung CLP-310’s toner chip costs 6$ - 10$ depending on its supplier.
- Changing toner chips seems to be more optimal but when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner chip.
3. Reset Samsung CLP-310 by using software
- Reset software automatically impacts to printer firmware so printer ignores paper counter. Therefore, there is not necessary to change toner chip, you just refill toner when it runs out.
==>> Reset Samsung CLP-310 by using software is the best solution to fix Toner Error on Samsung CLP-310.